How It Works (HS)
Exceptional Courses, Entire Support Team, Individualized Program
The K12 high school program provides students with a high school experience like no other. With a robust catalog of courses from which to choose, students can enjoy an individualized high school program tailored to their goals and abilities.
Students receive many benefits through the LVS high school program, including:
- Outstanding, individualized, Kansas-aligned curriculum from K12, the leading online K–12 curriculum provider for the K–12 community and an AdvancED-accredited company
- Diverse high school catalog, including courses in Math, Language Arts, Science, History, and World Languages
- Individualized Learning Plan for each student charts a course for success during and after high school
- Dual credit available to High School students through Johnson County Community College, University of Kansas, Baker University, Emporia State University, as well as a variety of other colleges and universities across the state
- Teachers, advisors, counselors, coordinators, and other educational personnel—offering personalized, extensive support to students and families
- Extracurricular clubs and activities, such as Prom, Student Council, and National Honor’s Society
- In-person teacher-led and school-sponsored events where they can network with their peers
- Qualification as a Tier 1 applicant for military enlistment, if applicable
- The ability for students to participate in their school district’s extracurricular athletics and activities
- Dual attendance opportunities, based on the cooperation of the home school district
Who is this intended for?
Students in grades 9–12 who reside within the state of Kansas are eligible to attend.
What are the costs?
Because we are part of the Lawrence School District system, the Lawrence Virtual High School program is tuition-free. Enrolled families receive the complete K12 curriculum. A loaner computer is provided for eligible families.
How do I get started?
See our How to Enroll section for more information about how to get going.