Who We Are
Our School at a Glance
For more than ten years, K12 has partnered with Lawrence Virtual School in order to offer individualized education opportunities. We bring together committed families, empowered students, and highly-qualified state-certified educators for a truly innovative educational experience. LVS has been leading the way in virtual learning for Kansas students throughout the state.
Here are a few of the reasons why Kansas families are choosing LVS:
- Our highly qualified, Kansas-licensed teachers, each with extensive training in current educational best practices regarding virtual education, home schooling, child development, and access to resources of one of Kansas' largest school districts, Lawrence Public Schools.
- The exceptional, individualized K12 curriculum, fully aligned to Kansas State Board of Education standards, which covers both the core subject areas and electives. Based on decades of education research, this curriculum packages high-quality lessons with mastery-based assessments that ensure students achieve success at each and every level. Find out more about K12.
- The online planning and assessment tools, resources, and hands-on materials ranging from textbooks to microscopes, from rocks and dirt to beautifully illustrated classic children‚Äôs stories.
- Our supportive school community, which organizes educational field trips that are open to the entire family thus creating a very family-focused environment that enhances the virtual learning experience
- The high quality, tuition-free public education * that enables a learning experience that is individualized for each student.